What I Know About You…..
You’re the primary caregiver of an older relative, and chances are, you’re under some serious stress. You are on an unfamiliar and constantly shifting path! You can’t remember the last time you had a good night’s sleep and you constantly feel as if you’re responsible for more than you can possibly manage. You are the “go to” person, the one who always steps up to help others even at the expense of taking care of yourself. There are so many things that need attending to and you just don’t know where to start.
- Frustrated because you never thought of yourself as a caregiver and are unsure of what’s required to maintain an aging parent’s needs…
- Overwhelmed by the many caregiving decisions and you just don’t know where or how to start to get it under control?
- Not sure how to pick services that you can trust and fear that you will make poor decisions.
- Juggling too many responsibilities and relationships to devote enough time or energy to any one of them…
- Unable to remember when you last had “downtime” or a chance to do something for yourself…
- Exhausted by the end of the day and now your health is beginning to suffer?
- Feeling Guilty because you think that you should be able to provide better care, despite having a career, partner, and children to care for as well?
- Believe that it is time for your aging parent to move to a senior living community where they can thrive in a more social environment but are not sure where to start to find the right location.
Right now you need…
- To get organized and regain a sense of control by empowering you to make the right decisions on behalf of the person you’re caring for AND yourself.
- Resources you can trust that will support you in the care of your family member.
- To get systems into place to give you more time in your day.
- To learn how to make time for yourself, knowing it so is essential to your ability to care for your loved ones in the long term.
- To be connected to others who are also caring for an aging loved one who understand your situation.
- To minimize overwhelm when you’re trying to keep the many pieces of caregiving straight.
- To make the best use of your other relationships which play a key role in your being a caregiver.
- To head off challenges to your other relationships during the caregiving journey and create a healthy balance.
- Guidance in choosing the best senior housing scenario which will fit the needs of your parent’s, in their social, medical, and financial situation.
Your Next Step to Getting Started . . .
Review our programs and senior living service or schedule a complimentary Caregiver Coaching Session . During this 30-minute session with me, I will help you sort through the challenges you’re facing so you can see a clear path toward balancing care for your loved one with all the other aspects of your life. Whether you are located in California or in other states in the United States we can guide you to become more organized and balanced in your caregiving journey.
To help leverage our time during your complimentary session, there is a short questionaire (this should only take a few minutes to answer) and then you’ll receive the link to schedule your appointment . This will help me to understand you and your caregiving needs ahead of time, so that I can best support you to clarify your needs, clear up the confusion, and determine where you are getting stuck in your caregiving journey.